Motor Vehicle Accident Compensation and Unregistered Vehicles

by Walker Law Group

If you are involved in a road and traffic accident that was the fault of an unregistered vehicle you are entitled to make a claim for compensation under the New South Wales Road and Traffic Compensation Scheme.

In New South Wales all motor vehicles are required to be registered. Registration ensures that all motor vehicles on the road are covered for Compulsory Third Party (CTP) insurance in the event that they are involved in a road and traffic incident. If a motor vehicle is not registered than the CTP insurance on the vehicle is not valid.

The fact that an unregistered vehicle is uninsured means that a lot of people assume that if they are injured in a motor vehicle accident involving an unregistered vehicle than they will not be eligible to receive compensation under the New South Wales Road and Traffic Compensation Scheme.

Walker Law Group has assisted a large number of clients receive motor vehicle accident compensation when involved in a road and traffic incident with an unregistered vehicle. Walker Law Group has assisted many more clients who did not believe they were entitled to compensation, because the vehicle at fault was unregistered and therefore uninsured.

The first thing Walker Law Group advises clients injured by unregistered vehicles, is that they will receive motor vehicle accident compensation by making a claim for compensation to the Nominal Defendant. The Nominal Defendant just means that the claim is allocated to an insurer under the scheme. Claims for compensation made to the Nominal Defendant are handled the same as any other motor vehicle accident compensation claim.

This means that, if you are injured in a road and traffic incident with an unregistered vehicle, you will be entitled to road and traffic compensation, which may include the following:

  • Reimbursement of your medical and rehabilitation expenses. 
  • Payment for past and future economic loss including loss of earnings and loss of superannuation contributions and entitlements.
  • Lump sum payments of compensation if you have suffered a permanent impairment as a result of your injury over 10%.
  • Lump sum payments for pain and suffering in certain circumstances.

Walker Law Group has the expertise to handle your claim for compensation for a motor vehicle accident and the knowledge to ensure that any problems encountered in relation to your claim are handled professionally and quickly. Steve Walker the principal Personal Injury Lawyer at Walker Law Group Compensation Lawyers is adept at dealing with insurance companies and acting for clients who believe that they have no entitlement to compensation.

To get the best advice on your motor vehicle accident claim for compensation you need to see Walker Law Group Accredited Personal Injury Lawyers. Call today on 1300 363 013 or email  to discuss your claim for compensation with the best in the business. No Win No Fee Lawyers Sydney


We welcome your feedback

Hi there! We want to make this site as good as it can for you, the user. Please tell us what you would like to do differently and we will do our best to accommodate!

Protected by FormShield

We've updated our Privacy Statement, before you continue. please read our new Privacy Statement and familiarise yourself with the terms.