Helen has over 10 years of experience in commercial litigation with focused expertise in building and construction matters.
Her clients have included various corporate organisations, including insurance companies, State Government Statutory Corporation, major developers, builders and architects. Helen has provided advice in all aspects of construction matters from the contract drafting stage to dispute resolution.
Some examples of the diverse matters Helen has handled are:
- Advising principals, contractors, contract administrators, subcontractors and project managers in a diverse range of matters in relation to building contracts, contract administration and dispute avoidance and resolution during construction works;
- Resolving disputes utilising alternative dispute resolution processes through mediation, adjudication, arbitration;
- Advising architects and designers on design related issues arising in construction matters;
- Advising contractors and sub contractors in relation to the New South Wales Building and Construction Industry Security of Payment Act (1999);
- Acting for a publicly listed company in a trade practices claim relating to pre contractual representations; and
- Managing a diverse litigation practice ranging from large and complex matters in the District & Supreme Courts, Court of Appeal, as well as matters involving smaller claims in the Local Court and building disputes in the CTTT.
Helen is committed to achieving commercial results for clients across a range of issues. As a result of her extensive experience in all areas of building and construction law, Helen is able to provide strategic and timely advice to clients at all stages of a matter.
Helen is a member the following professional associations:
- Law Society of NSW
- Institute of Arbitrators and Mediators
- Society of Construction Law Australia
- National Association of Women in Construction
- Strata Community Australia (NSW)
Contact Helen on LinkedIn