Areas of Practice:
- Local government law
- Property law
- Compulsory acquisitions and valuation law
- Commercial law
- General litigation
- BA 1971, University of Sydney
- LLB 1974, University of Sydney
Michael has acted in the following significant matters:
- Seaton v Mosman Municipal Council 98 LGERA 81 (Court of Appeal). Consideration of the community land provisions of the Local Government Act 1993.
- Macquarie University v Ryde Municipal Council 35 LGRA 267 (Court of Appeal). Consideration of rating exemption provisions of the Local Government Act, 1919.
- Acting for Mosman Council in conjunction with the developer of Bridgepoint, Mosman incorporating a stratum over Military Road, Mosman.
- "Norfolk Green" – 60 lot community title development by Ryde City Council at North Ryde.
- Acted for Mosman Council in supervising stratum and strata development at Mosman involving exchanges of Council land for stratums in the developments.
- Acted for Willoughby Council in multi-million dollar claim following resumption of Council land at Chatswood Station by Transport Infrastructure Development Corporation.
- 2001 - current: Partner and Special Counsel, Pikes & Verekers Lawyers
- 1976 - 2001: Partner, Hill Thomson & Sullivan
- 1974 - 1976: Solicitor, Shaw Lewis & Co.
- 1972 - 1974: Articled Clerk, Beston & Riordan