Kathleen is experienced in commercial litigation, dispute resolution and insolvency. Prior to joining Plastiras Lawyers, Kathleen was a key member of the Litigation & Dispute Resolution Group at Middletons and K&L Gates.
Kathleen has acted for corporate clients, small businesses and individuals in a variety of disputes including recovery and enforcement of secured and unsecured debts, obtaining urgent injunctive relief, instituting and resisting corporate insolvency proceedings, leasing and tenancy disputes and damages claims.
Kathleen’s major clients have included national wholesale retail companies, international construction companies, major banks, financiers and listed
Kathleen’s recent significant transactions include:
- Acting for an individual to prosecute a trust claim through the Court of Appeal and High Court.
- Acting for an international construction company to obtain an urgent freezing order in relation to a multi-million dollar employee fraud and the collection and
- sale of assets.
- Acting for financiers to enforce personal guarantees, including allegations of breaches of the Trade Practices Act, unconscionability and consequential loss.
- Acting for various corporate entities in relation to employee theft.
- Acting for an international company to successfully defend winding up proceedings.
- Assessment and enforcement of costs orders.