Leigh is an accredited specialist in business law.
Leigh practices in the area of business and commercial law with a particular interest in tax effective business succession (the entry and exit of business partners), tax effective estate planning and wills, business contracting and drafting, business structuring, shareholder arrangements and joint ventures. He also has a significant insolvency practice, with a focus on bankruptcy, asset protection and personal property securities.
Leigh is a highly regarded tactical lawyer and a highly sought after speaker, frequently presenting papers to numerous industry groups on these and related topics.
Leigh presented an Australia wide 6 hour workshop on Asset Protection and Business Succession for the Institute of Chartered Accountants in Australia in April and May 2009. He also spoke at the Australian Institute of Credit Management's National Conference in Brisbane in October 2010 on How to torpedo trusts and other asset protection strategies. In February 2012, Leigh presented a series of three one-hour presentations to NSW lawyers at the behest of the Law Society of NSW on the new Personal Property Securities Act.
Click here and follow the links to view the podcast.
• Bachelor of Economics and Bachelor of Laws from the University of Sydney
• Accredited Specialist in Business Law (NSW)
• Admitted in NSW and also in Victoria
• Associate Member of the Tax Institute of Australia
• 2012 Member of the NSW Law Society’s Business Law Committee to assist lawyers’ understanding of the new Personal Property Securities Regime and to assist in drafting the PPS clauses in the 2013 Law Society Sale of Business Contract
• Author of the book “When the Going Gets Tough” which deals with crisis management in business
• Member of the Insolvency Practitioners Association
• Member of the Law Council’s Insolvency & Reconstruction Committee
• Member of the Internet Industry Association
Married with two children, his main leisure activities include cycling, tennis and snow skiing.