Kathleen was admitted as a solicitor of the Supreme Court of Queensland in 1982 after completing her Bachelor of Laws and Diploma of Legal Practice. She is also a solicitor of the High Court of Australia and is a Special Master in the Superior Court of California in the United States of America.
Kathleen is a Nationally Accredited Mediator and a member of the Legal Aid Conferencing panel, acting as a chairperson in family dispute resolution. Over a ten year period, she also volunteered at the Women's Legal Service.
Kathleen has practised extensively in Family Law since 1982. She is a highly respected family law solicitor with a reputation for her personal approach and commitment to her clients.
Kathleen’s academic and professional qualifications include:
- Bachelor of Laws (Queensland Institute of Technology)
- Diploma of Legal Practice
- Solicitor of the High Court of Australia
- Solicitor of the Supreme Court of Queensland
- National Accredited Mediator
- Family Dispute Resolution Provider
- Kathleen’s other qualifications and experience include:
- Past member of the Southern District Committee of the Legal Aid Office (Queensland)
- Member of the Legal Aid Conferencing Section
- Member of the Family Law Practitioners Association
- Member of the Queensland Law Society
- Member of the Family Law Division of the Law Council of Australia
- Special Master in the Superior Court of California
- Independent Children’s Lawyer since 1988
- Volunteer for the Women’s Legal Service
- Previous volunteer for the Youth Advocacy Service
- Certificate of Attainment as a Dispute Resolution Provider obtained as required by legislation in 2009 from the Australian Institute of Social Relations