NSW: Liquor law roadshow launched
NSW Gaming and Racing Minister, Graham West, has announced that a series of public forums are to be staged in NSW as a result of the new Liquor Act which takes effect from 1 July 2008.
Mr West said that licensees will be invited to attend 16 free Liquor Law Forums being held in April and May to ensure they understand the new Act, according to a statement made on 17/03/2008.
"An overview of the new liquor laws will be provided, as well as information about the new Casino, Liquor and Gaming Control Authority and an explanation of the new compliance regime including new enforcement and offence provisions," Mr West said.
Under the new liquor laws, there will be:
18 March, 2008
- New powers to impose stringent licence conditions on problem venues not meeting their responsibilities;
- Maximum fines for venue operators sand their staff repeatedly caught supplying alcohol to minors and intoxicated patrons;
- New offences to stop drunk, violent or quarrelsome patrons from attempting to re-enter a licensed venue or remain in the vicinity once they have been ejected or refused entry;
- Liquor Accords to ban troublemakers from licensed venues for up to six months; and
- Expanded powers to ban irresponsible liquor products and promotions.